Friday, July 20, 2007

the agony of photographing jewelry and other mishaps

I use a box of sand to photograph my jewelry usually, but it gets boring after awhile... all those same images over and over again, and I'm trying to find some other way to display pieces with an ounce of penache. Here I laid a silky, copper chifon over a lavender silk ... not bad, but still not exactly what I'm looking for. I certainly want the piece to be the show-stopper, not the fabric.

I finally ordered some upper-torso, jewelry display mannequins and can hardly wait for them to arrive! I'm hoping I will be able to use them for photographs for the website, so customers can actually see how the piece will hang, which is the question I get most. And since Miss Lilly (my thriftstore found dress form) isn't all together attractive enough to be a professional model, she shall remain in the background, in my studio, helping me fit necklaces behind the scenes.

Always looking for new ways to present my jewelry, I went back to Clear Creek Nursery in Silverdale yesterday, and purchased a square block of grey slate. I'll show you more on that tomorrow!

Happy creating!

No comments: