Wednesday, September 26, 2007

today's work

i was in the mood for something simple...



something truly feminine...



i was thinking about something a Celtic princess might wear while communing with the fey folk in an ancient oak forest

i had an idea about a clasp-free necklace that could be worn many different ways ... a choker or tumbling sweetly into the cleavage...



and this is what materialized...




A good length of chain ... I haven't measured it yet. Yes ... that'd be me! At both ends of the chain I wire wrapped two rose quartz pendants and several Austrian crystal beads for glitz. Of course, I had to drop the whole thing in a Liver of Sulfur solution just to see what it would do (couldn't help myself) ... and here it is! You can wrap it as many times as it will go around your neck ... so a thin neck could even get a cute little choker out of it. But I sort of like the long, come-hither look. And wouldn't this be wonderful on a backless gown? Jewels cascading down the back? Hmmm ... I'll need to knock that one around among the old brain cells a little longer!

Here it's wrapped up as a choker... modeled here by the lovely Lilly (remember her? my first dress form!) She's been sulking ever since I got the sleek mail order models with their delicate, swan-like necks. But she just had to come out for this one. Well, she's a sturdy girl, after all.



Oh, good heavens! ... I just realized I've been tagged by my neighbor Bee Skelton at Indigo Blah. You're very sneaky! Well now ... I must once more gather my list of idiosyncrasies so that'll probably be for tomorrow.

Have a very fun and creative Monday!

No comments: