Friday, January 18, 2008

good reasons for loving fridays

i'm home today!


hooray for Fridays ... I say. And who doesn't! I suppose someone who's Monday began on Friday wouldn't like Friday's too much, unless of course they had a job which entailed testing chocolate or ice cream or mattresses, or how long it takes to fall asleep under a down comforter, or playing with puppies all day. I suppose then one would love their Monday which was really Friday for everyone else, and then the people who loved Friday wouldn't like Friday so much anymore because they couldn't wait wait to get back to their ice cream and chocolate, mattresses and puppies. That said ... what the heck is this post all about anyway?

oh yes, today is Friday. And I have many things to do, but being a free bird on Fridays I flutter around and do the things that give me great pleasure, one of which is shopping for silver findings, such fun, and the others entail eating comfort food like macaroni and cheese and playing with my two unmannerly parrots, my sweet doggies and extremely chubby cat. Such things don't really take getting used to. They are sort of the frosting on the cake of life. Such things are Fridays made of!

i happen to have a rather stealthy parrot climbing up my back right now. He's tired of seeing me type, because he wants me to take him to the kitchen where he can really have some fun. Mr. R is a Dusky Headed Conure and he is very silly and full of play. Problem is, parrots, unlike dogs and cats, rarely nap. They can play non stop all day like a child with ADD ... and with the same attention span, or lack thereof! Needless to say, parenting a parrot is not for the faint of heart, nor the sleepy. The one really good thing is that you can, of course, lock them in a cage and toss away the key ... then go take your nap. I suppose if you are thinking seriously about getting yourself a parrot, that is, something a bit more troublesome than a parakeet or cockateil, I would recommend you borrow one for a month from a friend. At the end of which time, you may have a change of heart! Lovely though they are ... breathtakingly beautiful, in fact, they are also very bright, constantly searching for fun, food, something to chew, and companionship. They don't like being alone but prefer to be in the midst of the flock with all the accompanying noise. And if there is not enough noise, they will gladly create some for you!

right now, ms. L is chewing on my mouse, and mr. R is climbing up an electrical cord. Ahhhh yes. The wonder of parronting.

as you know, i've been working hard to keep up with my New Year's resolutions ... well, thank heaven's I have a whole year. But I have been doing my 4 days a week of exercising ... which by now has merely caused me excruciating pain in my upper arms and thighs! Practicing my guitar, per my son's instructions ... which has left me with burning fingertips that waver between shooting pain and absolute numbness (just wait until the calluses form, he says! I've been reading my books ... now I have two going and finding it hard to get in that 1/2 hour a day! I can, alas, make macaroni and cheese, a good Greek salad and a pretty tasty shrimp curry.

Today, I'm thinking that chocolate brownies would make a quite tasty vegetarian dish ...

I wonder if I have any baker's chocolate? ....

7 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Oh My!! I just came from your other blog. Marvelous! Now I see this beautiful jewelry. You my dear are extremely talented.

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I feel as if I'm on an adventure of a life time!

Hugs! Nancy

yours truly said...

Oh how nice of you to drop by! I just love your shoes! They are soooo gorgeous ... I just want to wear them! And thank you for the very kind comments ... I so enjoy meeting others from the blogosphere!

Lora

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

I so jealous - I'd love to be free on Fridays (or any other day for that matter LOL!)

Glad you had a good time with your projects and pets - although thank goodness my dog will nap!

LW said...

tomorrow is Friday, I hope you have as much fun as you did last week..

Louise

yours truly said...

I know! Thanks goodness my dogs tucker out after a good walk! The birds want to play all day, or at least hang out on my shoulder. I've spoiled them! Thanks so much for dropping by, Bonny!

Lora

yours truly said...

Hi Louise! Today was filled with house cleaning and shopping and now out to dinner with friends. Necessity shopping, not fun shopping. Oh well ... it was still fun! But it's sooooo cold here now! And they've predicted snow for the weekend!

Take care!
Lora

LW said...

Hi Lora,

Just stopped in to say HI...

Louise